Randomness

At our Wed. meeting last night, Landon M. brought up his ability to produce the most random comments and objects. The idea itself was random itself, not really any part of our conversations. Of course I am guilty of bizarre offshoot thoughts, incongruent to the topic at hand. My wife has those interjections also. "That was completely random" - I'd comment.
Well...Landon and I decided to hold a randomness competition. In fact he thought he could out-random me with reference to flaming bagels. Nice try! Didn't think that was quite random enough. I think I'll take this challenge.
First off...I need to define random. I see it as fitting one of three criteria:
  1. Something that is unexpected, and not in its typical environment, or behaving typically. Example: Opening your fridge to find a full set of dirty tools...or in this case opening your tool set to find a fridge.
  2. Improbable things, things that defy probability. Anything where the chances are reaaaal slim...or none...or slim to none. Like the probability of being struck by lightening and winning the lottery is 1:1,429,145,995,000,000.
  3. Unique, but useful items. In other words, a random item isn't just a haphazard combination of objects.

Well...It's on for the search of random objects. I'm sure that I can come up with some! Good luck to you Landon.

HRP

No comments: