These two days are a dizzying mix of the ringing hum of my cars tires on asphalt and cracks of lightening across bubbling skies. I carve out the mid-Atlantic coast, and drive to the heart of American politics. A fitting journey considering the difficult legal times we find ourselves in. In the blur of changing scenes and the variety of area codes the blitz my phone, I find chances to retard the stream and pause to think. Key moments stick out. A Romanesque sculpture that stands guardian over aerie halls. A senator's cuff and hand peeking behind the wall. Adi's face frozen in conversation that finally reveals what a fantastic young woman she has become. Beautiful, smart and alluring.
I spend the evening, weary from hours of excited training that seems more like a pep rally, and exercise, in a Borders. A small stack of books and an easy chair in the corner. The Asian teenager, complete with frayed clothes and a green, John Deere hat crones from the coffee bar. A mixture of various popular country songs sung over the karoake CD. He's actually pretty good, if you get over him singing about his 4 year old son.
Tonight I lay on the bed and open the new book I bought. And I'm faced with another unique moment. The book sings to me. My eyes barely trace over some of the words and I can feel the power from them in my hands. Have you had a book speak to you such. It's a good feeling.
HRP
1 comment:
Thanks for sharing memorable moments like this. It's the little things that we begin to remember and treasure.
kp
Post a Comment