Sourdough & Sour Travels

What a whirlwind of a week, and I find it is only Wed afternoon!
An impending Northeast storm on Sunday night sent me crawling out early for the Allentown airport. Worried about a delayed or cancelled flight, my hopes unfounded in the 1/2" of drifting powder the next morning. A long haul, in the most uncomfortably seat on the plane, to San Francisco, where I was greeted by drizzle and fog. But I felt generationally connected as I looked out across the bay at the hills my father traversed as a young man and missionary. Funny, in two weeks time I have walked both of our mission.

26 Hours in San Fran, including a dinner of seafood on the piers, a great sales presentation and training, and twice revised travel arrangements.

Then it was a flight to Atlanta, 10 minutes to change planes, and a late arrival in Jacksonville. There is something wrong when it is 39 degrees in Florida!! Even my rest at the hotel was uncomfortable as I needed to change rooms, on account of the water streaming down my bathroom wall from upstairs.

Today was a little tiring, but successful. An excellent sales meeting, warmer, sunny weather. The only downside is the bone-weariness that dogs my heals, waiting for me to sit down for a second and threatening to overwhelm me. Oh - and the Asian buffet food that looked good on my plate, but punishes afterwards with incredible interior remodeling.

Three days. Five airports. I'm almost home. Now I just peck at my keyboard, munch on some dark chocolate covered almonds and watch F-18's take off in full after burner. Almost home. Almost time to sleep. But honestly, it's a contented weariness. I'll nap with a smile on my face.
HRP

No comments: