
In grand tradition, Amy & I made it out for the premiere weekend of Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. We've made it to opening night of the other 3 films - yes we're nerdy that way, though our saving grace is that we weren't dressed up. And although we made it to day 2, I consider that we didn't break tradition.
What an amazing film - by far the best one yet. Definitely darker and scarier than the previous ones. But the directer did so well in handling the suspense...it kept you on the edge of your seat.
Several key notes:
My favorite scene was the lesson with Mad Eye Moody - an excellent protrayal and move from jovial to dead serious. Very good emotion and an excellent job by Hermoine esp.
Most suspenseful scene was the maze - very edgy - our movie theatre of middle school kids was quiet (an amazing feet). He did a good job of putting you in that place.
Funniest parts - a difficult choice, the ferret scene obviously was great - but there were some good troubled, teen romance parts.
A little racier - esp. the prefect's bath scene.
Overall, it wins my approval. I think they balanced the time constraint and huge book well in the plot. They dropped characters well for time, and their additions added to excellent character development for the series (esp. Neville). Throughly an enjoyable time. (Though I've spoken to several people who forgot the books and were expecting for Dumbledore to die).
HRP
3 comments:
well i have to voice my opinion in that I loved harry potter. By far my most favorite. It was much more adult which I loved and it was a lot more entertaining and i don't know just a lot better. It was really good and im not gonna lie I will probably be going to go see it again. i know im a nerd, but at least i haven't read the books in german. jk jkjk
you should wait and see it with me sometime.
Maybe right when you come home!
HRP
well heck yes I would love to. I completely forgot that the countdown in coming and in less than a month I will be home and be able to pretend to see all you guys but secretly vying to see my little nieces who I'm sure have had trouble getting by without me. Just tell amy that it is those days when they wont eat or sleep and cry all day that they are wishing for their beloved aunt adi.
right like they will remember me haha
Post a Comment