I had a wonderful time this year - one of my favorite Christmas holidays ever!
The girls were old enough to begin to enjoy the gifts and festivities. They cheered when we decorated the tree, and unwrapped preasants. They even danced to the Christmas music we sang in church.
And no longer do I hate having Christmas on Sunday - as I did when I was a kid. I loved it. Going to church Sunday morning really made the day - adding a sweet start to the celebration, and a reminder of what it was all about.
We had a music performance that Sunday morning, and I spent a good deal of time at the piano. From "O' Holy Night" to "Angels we have Heard on High." Music really makes the Christmas moments.
The best part of it all was family. Christmas Eve was spent at my parents. We ate cheese fondue, sang Christmas songs around the piano and then opened some of the gifts. (We did not get to see Belinda's surprise when she opened up that TiVo! What a fantastic idea!) It was great to see the girls run around and enjoy our time with family. Dad and I even got a little flying in that morning, racing around North Jersey looking at the huge homes. I did a flyby of our home, and even got Edwin outside to wave at us!! Grenada!
Then Christmas day we spent with Amy's family. Dinner of course was fantastic. And it's fun to get Abby and Grace with Madison to see them all run around. We heard Grandpa's stories and told jokes. Honestly, one of my favorite parts was after I opened my PSP (YAY!!) and played WiFi with Chris & Jeff. (SOCOM of course!)


And then there was Amy's gift. She got me Giada de Laurentiis' cookbook - signed!! She even signed XO's to me!!! (and Amy too.) This was one of the most thoughtful gifts I received this Christmas.
(And it makes cooking such a pleasure!)
HRP
No comments:
Post a Comment