
I've been interested in cryptology for a while - the merging of language, math and secrecy. Cryptology means hidden law - and is the science of secure communications.
I figured I throw in some messages to see who is paying attention out there!
First type is a simple substitution cipher - a throw back to Ceasar's Cipher, as he was the first to you this in official correspondence.
CFIPYALUWYUVVSUHXUGS
The key is ___ - (thought I'd make it that easy?)...
Assign every letter a number in numerical and alphabetical order. ((J + T) / (D)^1/2) - H = The Key letter.
The next CIPHER is a little more difficult. It's based on a transpositional CIPHER with a key word. I'll give you a couple of hints...the keyword is used to decipher the transposition of the code. The keyword is hinted at above.NEEIAEYTOANLSIWOAASNOLDBYRRHGY
or maybe this will help
NEEIA EYTOA NLSIW OAASN OLDBY RRHGY
(This isn't your everyday cryptogram from the newspaper)
Finally, let's get a tad more sophisticated without going into hash equations and private/public keys, with 80 bit encryption.
In WWI the Germans used the brilliant ADFGVX fractionation cipher. This mixes transpositional ciphers, with a fractionation and a keyword. The key word is not available but may be bribed from me (it is found above in a previous cipher).
FFAXAVJADDVGVVADAXDADAGADFADGA
So there you have it! Happy calculation!
HRP
2 comments:
You have WAY too much time on your hands!!!
cryptology...random. And amy sorry to say if he has too much time on his hands it is due to your lack of supervision and task assignment. Love ya heheh.
Post a Comment