Is this thing on?

I realize I have been delinquent in posting to the blog, especially given all that's occured since my last post. (Although I don't know who would miss it) I've played golf at Cog Hill, put on a talent show, been to Milwuakee and back, and then survived Utah 2006! Let me elaborate a little.
  • Cog Hill - home of the Cialis (Western) Open. A beautiful course - and no I didn't play Dubsdread. But following our seminar I did hit a few out on the golf course - and even had a pair of beautiful par 4's I nailed!
  • Milwuakee - a highly sucessful Ethanol conference. I was on FIRE!! But best of all, I had the BEST root beer ever - Sprecher's" Root Beer. The smoothest root beer - with a hint of honey and vanilla.
  • The 4th annual North Branch Ward Talent Show - featuring the broadcast of WNBW. It was a 30's radio review show, and I must say the highlight was the kids swing dancing - a huge hit!

Foremost on my mind of course was the passing of my grandfather Lynn. He passed away on June 21st - just before I had to give a huge presentation at the ethanol show. Amy & I made arrangements to fly out Tuesday night for a funeral this Thursday. The funeral was well attended and a fantastic tribute to him (I will save this for a separate post). However, the trip was...well interesting. Some facts:

  • 2 year old girls can still be wired at 11:00pm, plus they sleep in about a million positions!
  • Hours in an airport: 8
  • Hours on a plane: 9.5
  • Hours in a car: 15+
  • Pieces of luggage lost: 2 (car seat out, 1 bag back)
  • Celebrities seen: Rudy Gulliano, Joey Lawrence (woah!), Whitney Houston
  • Utah cuisine: Bajio's, PF Changs, Wendy's, Burger King, Carl's Jr., Frescetta, JAMBA JUICE!!, Cafe Mimi's
  • Cousins seen: too many to count
  • Burgers eaten: 6
  • Children's songs sang: about 4 songs 150 times
  • Animals visited at the zoo: elephants, bears, tigers, meer cats, Warick, monkeys, snakes, rhinos, zebras and penguins (to name a few)
  • Grace's favorite animal: ummm... Elephant
  • Favorite smile: Amy's blue lips from the icey
  • Longest commute to lunch: eating at the Bluebird
  • Longest drive: To Bear Lake and back...6 hrs round trip
  • The biggest almost bloodbath: taking family photos
  • Greatest joke: the tongue comment at PF Chang's
  • Best running ridicule: Adi's real job as Chris Cannon's intern
  • I knew I was in Utah when: I heard somebody curse using the word flip as we passed 1 million chaples
  • Most frequently told story: Trish
  • What I should have done: snuck into Grandma's downstairs apartment - you know why Amy!
  • Best memory retold: "Yes, I eat rodents!"
  • Seeing family again: Priceless

And this only captures a little bit of the wonderful time we had in Utah. It was a bit of an ordeal getting there and back, but it was a unique chance to see family and old stomping grounds. There were some incredible moments with family members that I will always remember. There were also interesting spats I'll try to forget. But it was the best of Brahms and Beethovens in Utah.

HRP

No comments: