Plutettes and the Vertically Challenged Planets


Well, it is official. Pluto is no longer a planet, but now is relagated to the designation of dwarfplanet. I suppose it feels like being sent back to Minor leagues after a brief stint with the Yankees.
I must say I agree with the philosophy, it probably shouldn't have ever been a planet. It's funny to hear people's reactions to the scientific change. Of course everyone will need to change their pnemonic for remembering the planets; MVEMJSUN...Mother views every man just simply un-necessary. Or something like that.



Well...here's to the little tyke hanging onto the edge of the solar system for dear life. He's an underdog if there ever was one. But this solution is much better then being forced to learn about planet Xena - another dwarfplanet out there. What can be so interesting about that? It's icy, cold, can crush your head like a grape with one hand and has two huge peaks that...oh never mind. Not enough leather in the world to cover that up.
HRP

No comments: