I'm sitting in a busy airport restaurant/bar in Wichita, Kansas, watching the gathering business people, as I wait for an afternoon flight home. The trip through Atlanta won't put me in New Jersey until 1am Friday morning, so I'm looking forward to...well...nothing really until then. At least tomorrow is a holiday.
I flew out to Wichita to help a corporate seller present to a big ethanol prospect (international, exclusive, 40+ project opportunity). Please understand help as: I created the presesntation, set the agenda, set up the equipment and was handed over the presentation about 3 slides in. And how much commission will I get if we win this? That's it - NONE. Zip, Nada, Zilch, nichts, usw. Oh well...I get warm a fuzzy inside. Especially b/c it required flying out on my birthday to get here, celebrated in a fairly empty Ted Montana's with buffalo meat and reluctantly singing waitresses. Oh the things I sacrifice for the team. Not that turning 28 is all that exciting. And my girls did sing a beautiful "Happy Birthday" to me that morning.
It's been an exciting time of late. Monday I scored a big raise at work! Way to go me - I can afford another year of increasing property taxes in NJ.
Last week I spent at Northwestern's Kellogg school of management in Chicago for a Ashland marketing management program. All I can say is WOW! I took tons of notes, networked like crazy and worked on my plans to take over the world. They are going well. I even spoke with the CEO who was there. I've already begun implementing the learning into concrete plans at work. And I'm inspired to finalize my plans to go back to school. I'm leaning towards Lehigh University. (Amy doesn't want to move to London for a year...shucks). And there may be a chance to work in Europe for a couple of months! So all in all things are exciting.
Und falls du ein verlorene deutsche Freund bist, den ich vermisst habe, ich werde im Mai in Deutschland sein. UZ Duesseldorf und Pfinztal. So...hoffentlich sehen wir einander dann.
HRP
I flew out to Wichita to help a corporate seller present to a big ethanol prospect (international, exclusive, 40+ project opportunity). Please understand help as: I created the presesntation, set the agenda, set up the equipment and was handed over the presentation about 3 slides in. And how much commission will I get if we win this? That's it - NONE. Zip, Nada, Zilch, nichts, usw. Oh well...I get warm a fuzzy inside. Especially b/c it required flying out on my birthday to get here, celebrated in a fairly empty Ted Montana's with buffalo meat and reluctantly singing waitresses. Oh the things I sacrifice for the team. Not that turning 28 is all that exciting. And my girls did sing a beautiful "Happy Birthday" to me that morning.
It's been an exciting time of late. Monday I scored a big raise at work! Way to go me - I can afford another year of increasing property taxes in NJ.
Last week I spent at Northwestern's Kellogg school of management in Chicago for a Ashland marketing management program. All I can say is WOW! I took tons of notes, networked like crazy and worked on my plans to take over the world. They are going well. I even spoke with the CEO who was there. I've already begun implementing the learning into concrete plans at work. And I'm inspired to finalize my plans to go back to school. I'm leaning towards Lehigh University. (Amy doesn't want to move to London for a year...shucks). And there may be a chance to work in Europe for a couple of months! So all in all things are exciting.Und falls du ein verlorene deutsche Freund bist, den ich vermisst habe, ich werde im Mai in Deutschland sein. UZ Duesseldorf und Pfinztal. So...hoffentlich sehen wir einander dann.
HRP
1 comment:
Not a very fun birthday! Sorry. That is kind of a bummer. I am shocked you had the waitresses sing to you- you could have spaired yourself and them the embarrassment. As for your presentation, you should demand some sort of commission or stipend. Liars for sales people! And in hopes to conquer the world- well we all know you could do it- that is why we are all your "yes men". Sich Heil! Wait, I mean Sich Harland! So get on with it- I am hoping to by Viceroy of Fashion. Remember me and what I do for you, master.
Post a Comment