Flying High


I've spent a lot of time in the clouds recently, much less figuratively than actually in the clouds flying around. I shall refer to this as my official excuse for not being around on the blog updating people. However, it is a feeble own at best.

The sights from those airplane windows have been incredible, even when you only watch the clouds fly by. From gray, trimmed storm clouds - huge menacing mountains we fly around - to the wispy white below I feel connected somehow. As I lean against the cool plastic window, my eyes float over the oceans of white, a blanket that echoes the ground below, and my mind drifts off to the million of responsibilities I fly between.

I've spent the better half of the last month in Ohio for work, an exciting, albeit tiring endeavor as I am involved in the redesign of our whole business. When you spend the day in audience with the real movers and shakers, including intimate audiences with the CEO. I can see a great springboard forming that could launch me into an exciting career. Here's to the new opportunities on the horizon.

Speaking of which, it's always nice to keep a little lure in the career waters, and I've recently had a good bite. It's an interesting position, work-from-home, but we'll see where it develops.

I've been a little frustrated lately, a definite contributor to not flying high figuratively, and it is tough to put my finger on it completely. Especially with work being interesting as of late, getting into an MBA program and even exercising every day. Oh well.

And yes, I did get into college, again. I'll be going to Lehigh University (GO...umm...I don't even know what their mascot is), as part of a part-time, mostly distance learning MBA program. And work will pay for it! I can have my cake and eat it too!


Recently I flew with my father around their homestead. As we weaved in and out of cloud canyons, I captured with a different, flying through the clouds experience. It was sort of those metaphoric, life moments. With occasional beautiful vistas, frightening heights as you look straight out the window DOWN to the ground, and dodging the storms of life. OK, I'm a little too tired to wax philosophical to day.


HRP

No comments: