Being a Man

I'm going to be published!!

Virtually, that is. One of my blog favorites - a well-known website called Art of Manliness - is going to publish an article/post I wrote and submitted. The website is dedicated to "uncovering the lost art of being a man." Excellent topics include: dressing well, treating women with respect, how to land a plane in an emergency or how to teach your son to be a man. It is actually a delightful blog with a positive, moralistic message in a web full of verbal tripe.

My article will appear next week for the holiday season. Typically they do not accept unsolicited articles, but I tried anyway - what the heck. But my Holiday-themed piece was very well received. So keep an eye out - and add it to your favorites.

HRP

3 comments:

Adi said...

Oh congrats! that is awesome

Critchlow said...

That is cool coming from the most unmanly man I know :) (that's a joke)
You are a self appointed reni man which was a time of the biggest dandies on earth.

I prefer the more victorian man- those blowhards of the days of English colonization. I would love to be more of a characture of Teddy Roosevelt mixed with a Watson.

Having said that, I completely agree that the Art of Manliness is gone. Thanks for sharing this site and more over contributing to it.

I will keep a keen eye out for your article. I love that you are never satisfied with just finding something and reading it but have to be a part of it, in it, of it. That's cool and dare I say...manly.

my rebel took over said...

I can't wait to read the full article, instead of the outline version you told me!