Legos!

Sorry for the long delay between posts folks. I have been fighting a rough battle with Picasa and Blogger to get my photos to actually post. You'll see I actually have the photos of my mural posted. So check on below.

In the mean time - I have been busy. I'll fill you all in later. But, here is something I have worked on occasionally for the last several months. A friend introduced me to Lego's Design By Me, that includes software to allow you to make your own Lego sets. They limit what you can do, but there is a lot of cool options. Basically, you build virtually your models, connecting them, moving them around and generally 'playing' like you used to do but with a virtual Lego box. In the end you can upload your product, create instructions, design your box and buy your set.

So I set out to make my own Lego set, for work. I have been in charge of launching new disinfection products in the US and decided I'd design them as Lego sets, perhaps to give away. I spent several evenings in the winter playing around and finished up 2 designs: Oxiperm & Selcoperm. Well, last month I polished them up and submitted the Selcoperm one for design. Designed my box and sent it in.

Lego personnel hand pick your design, print it all and send it. I ordered 3 this time - at about $30 each - to give to two salesmen who are selling our first one (YEAH!). I got mine today and promptly built it. Enjoy the show. (If you want to see the real stuff go here.)

HRP


1 comment:

Adi said...

I WANT TO MAKE ONE!!!
Do you think they will do one of my own face? I think a lego portrait of me would look great on my mantel! :) jk.