I flew down to Newark yesterday from Syracuse to take clients to a US v Brazil soccer game at the new Meadowlands Stadium. What should have been a fairly easy trip became dicey as an ever increasing maintenance delay in Phillie (my connecting city), that included 2 broken planes, forced me to rent a car and drive up like crazy on the NJ Turnpike. I missed dinner, but made it to the stadium in plenty of time. The new digs for the Giants is huge, simple and impressive. The fans were crazy, an equal mix of yellow/green with blue/white/red. I love the US jerseys too.Since I enjoyed the World Cup so much this summer it was fun to mix it up in this crowd.
Our seats were fantastic, about a 40 yard line, 30 rows up from the ground. Couldn't ask for better, and we enjoyed watching the game unfold from the view. It was a little lackluster - what do you expect post-World Cup when there is money to be made in club play - but still fun. 81,000 fans filled the stadium, and despite the extreme humidity, we had a great time. Even got out of the parking lot relatively easy!
Now I'm on my way back to 1000 Island Paradise, so I'll talk to you soon.
HRP

1 comment:
Uhhhh did you get to meet all the HOT US players? Sigh....
Sorry to hear about the delay.
Post a Comment