It has been a looong and fascinating week at the Talent Center in Denmark. The days have generally been dark, rainy, cold and windy here in the North, although we have spent them in rooms surrounded by simple, utilitarian Danish furniture. The whole exercise, undertaken with 12 Grundfos colleagues from around the world (Brazil, China, Denmark, Russia, Finland, Australia, England) and 13 assessors from management and consulting watching us constantly, has been a bit stressful, challenging, rewarding and an excellent chance to get to know myself better.
The exercise was an excellent cap to a lot of soul searching and thinking I have undertaken to learn more about myself and where I want to go in work and life. I have a fairly nice framework forward beyond retirement, now is the time to start implementing the pieces to drive me there.
In the end, after all those scenarios, presenting, question sessions and being under the microscope, I was selected by my company as a Global Talent, which allows me to enter a talent management engine for personal development and special strategic projects. I am definitely excited for the exposure, challenges and help to go where I want to go. With my boss resigning this week back in Kansas, there is a bit of ambiguity forward, but at least I have the foundation, assistence and engine to propel me forward.
Now for some sleep, and a stop off in Germany before back to my family.
HRP

No comments:
Post a Comment