Although I find writing somewhat cathartic and an opportunity to fine tune my thoughts, of late I have written little, especially on here. Time marches forward with new obligations, roles, baby boys and experiences. The last 6 months, a nod towards my absence on here, have been most rewarding personally. A new role at work, with promising opportunities; a beautiful baby James; time in Canada and with family; cooking adventures, etc. However I miss the times I can rework my thoughts and express them, despite an audience of Amy and myself. So I renew my focus for the year and will write some more, a little bit about my travels (I currently am sitting in the rising sunlight of central Denmark), a little of adventures and some of my scattered thoughts.
Let's start out with the new year. I spent a delightful Christmas break whether spent at friends homes, playing Skylanders with the girls or at a late night feeding with James watching TED videos or Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood (at Eric's request). Right following the New Year I left Amy to fend for herself with the children (with a little help from mom & dad) and took off for Denmark. I will be in Bjerringbro - at HQ - through Saturday and make a brief stop off in Germany before heading home. I was nominated as a North American Regional talent, and this week am attending the Talent Center where we'll prove if we have the stuff to be a global talent or not - a chance to enter a career development program for my company. Although I already have someone asking me to take on a global talent project in the wastewater market.
So, with some good Danish cooking under my belt, dark days and nights, and a little luck I'll progress through the week and keep you up to date.
I am also trying to get information from my father regarding my great-great-great-...something - grandfather Smidt - should have been Isaacson - who left Denmark for the US around the 1850's. An interesting story of what appears to be love, military desertion and religious emigration. So I may ask around for some background on my Viking blood!
HRP

No comments:
Post a Comment