
All too often I find myself not writing about an experience or thought that I really should commit to e-paper. It is a shame that for some reason or other I fail to expound on it in this fashion. I suppose I either fail to have the picture I want to post on it, or am looking for the next great experience to write about. (Can't wait for that vacation to write about, etc.) So let me fill in on one recent experience.
Enjoying the fact that my initials are also HP, I've felt a special connection to Harry Potter. Maybe because I wish for those incredible magical powers - or just that my 16 year old self finds Ginny 'cute' - as far as the prose permits me to imagine. (Course Pflegm ahem Fleur is something too.)
I've just finished 'Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince.' What a story! It's like an avalanche of a reading experience - give a little push - and the reading builds until you are finished. Doesn't matter that the clock reads 1am, and you want to push through the next chapter. Well...in a final spurt of reading frenzy I finished it - and loved every minute.
I won't put a CAUTION: SPOILER AHEAD in this location...really I'll let you figure it out in the future. And since my wife is enjoying the book currently, I can't say to much. Just several notes...
CAUTION SPOILER AHEAD!
- RAB? - I agree with the general population - Regalus Black...makes a whole lot of since...which might mean that HP already owns the horcruxes...
- The murderer? - Much more than meets the eye here. Much, much more. I don't think THE Death was faked, but perhaps foreseen and arranged.
- Haven't seen the end of Ginny and HP
- If you read the JK Rowling interview you will see that the Ron - Hermy connection is absolute (in case you couldn't catch the 1000lb hint that hit your head - over and over...like the glasses at the Dursleys.)
- Want more info than you ever cared for? check out the Harry Potter Lexicon! And then see JK Rowlings' site. There are plenty of secrets to be found.
Maybe I'll fill in more 'interesting facts' in the future. Especially when Amy is done with her book.
~HRP
3 comments:
Hey Harland-
Just wanted to connect and say Hi, I just got a copy of the new H.P. (borrowed from by bro- in- law) and can't wait to bite into it. Thanks for the "spoiler warning" so that I did not read that part of the post, but I am still waiting for you to post at my blog... when is that gonna happen?
Brando -
The Spoilers aren't really spoilers. I try to be vague enough. But enjoy the book. I've already read a bunch at your site. Haven't felt politically motivated quite yet. LOL. I'll see you there.
HRP
H.P.-
altho the book has been teasing me for a few days now I've only had time for two chapters! Shameful, I know. I intend to finish reading and comment on your post here at the conclusion of my literary adventure (I'm such a Harry Potter geek). Anyways, keep on keepin' on!
Post a Comment