
OK, the last post led into an obvious reminder of the Postsecret project by Frank Warren. This project was best demonstrated for the mainstream by All-American Rejects' video "Dirty Little Secret." The project focuses on anonymous people mailing postcards that show a creative description of their secrets. Exact instructions are: Each secret can be a regret, hope, funny experience, unseen kindness, fantasy, belief, fear, betrayal, erotic desire, feeling, confession, or childhood humiliation. Reveal anything - as long as it is true and you have never shared it with anyone before.
The whole concept is fascinating. Obviously we have a secret fetish for voyeurism - that is peaks into secret portions of people's lives. Hence we have gossip, reality television, tabloids, conspiracy theories, etc. The postcards reveal people's innermost thoughts, fears, evils, and the like. It makes you wonder how they can live with that, or why they worry about something trivial. It makes me, at least, want to know them. To know their story. To maybe help.

Of course we have our dirty little secrets. I have plenty I'm sure - although they aren't all that shocking. I shared one or two yesterday...like I get nervous in dark basements. Maybe I'll a new one - creatively of course!
At least you have some for your enjoyment.
And my personal favorite!

HRP
1 comment:
Alright, here is one to share: at work, my boss's boss thinks that he's waay more important than he is. For some reason he gets three newspapers delivered for him each day. He doesn't get them at his door (he lives on campus), instead he sends them to my office. We are then expected to take these papers and neatly place them at his office doorstep each morning, so that he can be current. I hate this, so I collect extra glossy advertisements from the newspaper guy and shove lots of extras in his papers on occational days. It's my little way of getting back, everybody knows that they are the most annoying part of the paper - - esspecially when you have them all cramed strategically around the comic / sports section! Hehehee...
Post a Comment