So of course this led to my self-discussion...my own what-if's. But this isn't relegated to mistakes I want to do over. No, the true forks in the road or events impacted by chance. So tonight I select one. What if I picked that other road and sent in that West Point attendence cards? Instead of BYU blue, it's the gray and black of USMA. Hind-sight can't be 20/20 here, but I can make some suppositions.Yes, engineering. And I'd need a sport - perhaps fencing. A mission from 99-01 instead, and who knows where - perhaps Germany. But then would there be work with Devrim, Ina and Edith, to name a few? Then back to school - but no 2001 marriage. And probably not Amy. A 2003 graduation. So what does this mean? Marrying a nanny? But most assuredly a deployment to Iraq. And that opens a whole world of what-if's!

Perhaps a good road, a decent noble one. But one with out Cougars, dancing, Amy, Ashland, Abby and Grace. Nah I'll keep my girls! (Remember this isn't regret - just a review of life's decisions and chance).
HRP
3 comments:
What if nobody comments except for me? Wouldn't that be a shame....
It's to be expected. I don't have much of a circulation these days. Few readers, no revenue...but that's ok.
I think it's hard for humans not to ask what if. But the value comes from really understanding the implications of our actions or 'chance.' Then we can become wise.
Rest assured that I read your posts! That means you have readers in NJ and PA, which translates to a NATIONAL audience! Your bigger than you think! This is huge! Why aren't you seeing big $$$ in advertising revenues? Maybe I better get in while the rate is good.... it's only so long that Glenn Beck can corner the Mormon market. He better watch his numbers! Soon they'll be putting you on CNN.
Post a Comment