Sugarplums and the Like

OK, I'm not here to post a Christmas list, although I still believe in Santa Claus. But I wanted to highlight what's on the top of my list this year.

It's the SkyScout by Celestron, probably the coolest thing to happen to astronomy since the Newtonian telescope. This star-finder is designed to help you look at objects in the night sky and both identify them and locate them. The two modes help you both look at a star and ask what it is, and pick one off the list to help you find it. There is information about the object you can read or listen to. Even night tours to start you out. And for constellations, you can see a visual tracing of the constellation around the stars. Talk about taking nighttime star gazing to the next level! I am so hooked.
And so geeky.
HRP

4 comments:

Old Optonline account said...

I'm sure you knew I was going to be all over that "geeky" comment. I think I'll leave it alone this time...

Adi said...

at least he admits it. can one be geeky AND cool? Hmmm I wonder what the 100 hr board would say about that question?

Critchlow said...

No...even for non geeks thats pretty cool.

HRP said...

Welcome to the dark side Critchlow.