What's Up?

So what have I been doing lately? Or rather not doing (like posting to the blog)?
Good question, not sure I can really tell you what I have been doing. I feel I've gone non-stop for the last couple weeks, a combination of work, school and working through weekends.
Work has gone exceptionally well, the week before last was great - an excellent personal review, raise and bonus in one week! Couldn't ask for more.
School has been interesting, but crazy. It's a ton of case studies, but at least these online courses are done quick - only 3 more weeks til 401 is finished. But again, the topics are fascinating. I took a 2 day workshop class on Leadership for new ventures. A great class, intense discussions, related to real new ventures. I met some fantastic students and the instructors were very good. I'm in need of a new, good mentor to help me plan out my future career, and one of the teachers could possibly fill this roll.
Well, this post is really just some complaining I suppose. Good entry. Would you like some cheese with my wine? I have enjoyed my car trips lately, as I've installed my Serius Radio. I also am listening to my Portable Professor CDs, currently a course on the history of ethics and moral thought. I know, nerdy. But hey, it's interesting.
HRP

2 comments:

bl said...

A course on the history of ethics and moral thought?

Harland, I'll tell you something a wise professor once told me. "Engineers are boring people. Do yourself and the people around you a favor and read a novel every once in a while. It will allow you to relate to normal people."

HRP said...

Brian,
I agree. I felt the same way in college - so I took up some classes out of the engineering norm (like creative writing and some others I will not mention).
So you don't worry - I'm always reading at least 2 books, one of which is a novel. Currently it is Das Glaeserne Tor (the glass gate).
Good book.