
I am on the road. Again. This time I'm in upstate NY making sales calls with our distributor. It's actually been quite good. I would even humbly submit that I'm on fire these couple days. Or at least doing well.
But I have actually had a run of interesting eating experiences. What is life without a little food?
First off, my adventure into downtown Syracuse. I found a place online that got good reviews, The Mission, a mexican place in an old church. Looked good. It was closed. So my faithful GPS picked out another Mexican place. 5 minutes later when I pulled in front of a ghetto apartment building, I decided to move on. I did settle on Lemongrass at Armory Square in downtown. A fantastic Thai restaurant. I had some sushi and then a noodle yellow/red curry. Fantastic! And it really inspired my own cooking ideas.
Today was jam packed - 4 sales calls. But over lunch I did a training at a civil engineering firm. The best part?
They brought in Dinasaur BBQ, some of the best cue (in Cuse) I've had North of the Mason-Dixon line. (And honestly better than a lot down south). If you're up in Rochester, Syracuse or NYC, drop in for a real treat.
They brought in Dinasaur BBQ, some of the best cue (in Cuse) I've had North of the Mason-Dixon line. (And honestly better than a lot down south). If you're up in Rochester, Syracuse or NYC, drop in for a real treat.Then there was the Italian restaurant tonight. Ummm...interesting. First off it is associated with my hotel. I didn't pick it. But it is basically geared towards business travellers...looking for a fling. That is it is more a honeymoon/anniversary hotel with cheesy decor. And yes, in my room there is a shower for 4 people and a whirlpool / jacuzzi. Nothing makes you feel more lonely on the road.
But the Italian restaurant was basically an expensive small-town italian place. All stereotype,
little flair. A lot of presentation and not much on substance. The food wasn't bad for an upscale Tomasitos, but the use of electric pepper and cheese grinders just did it in. But it was either the collection of old cars, the variety of wax waiters standing around or the twinkling star ceiling that did it for me.
little flair. A lot of presentation and not much on substance. The food wasn't bad for an upscale Tomasitos, but the use of electric pepper and cheese grinders just did it in. But it was either the collection of old cars, the variety of wax waiters standing around or the twinkling star ceiling that did it for me.Maybe things will look up in Buffalo.
HRP
3 comments:
How come when I finally get to experience hotel life it isn't anything like yours. Our food is pretty basic, we've had pizza at least four times. Room service sucks. Breakfast ain't too bad with it being a buffet, but I only get that once or twice a week. Did I mention that its expensive? Glad that you are having such great experiences. Your trip looks and sounds awesome. Are Dave's trips like yours. It doesn't seem like you are really doing all that much business in your company. Everything you talk about are the "lets bond" things. I think your company may be a little too close, if you know what I mean.
Again, hmmm, they're paying you for this.......
Just sayin'
Maybe in Buffalo the hotel room will come with 4 extra people to share the shower with you so you don't have to feel so lonely. Some of them her perks like that for travelers.
I actually want to have that dessert on there..tell me you ate that!
Post a Comment