Tasting Menu I

I posted yesterday on my tasting menu ideas. So my mind has been running none stop on ideas. Things are really flowing. (Science-food experience, hot pepper tasting menu, Spring, raw, etc.) I have a little spiral notebook to jot and doodle in for this reason.
I offer you my latest menu creation - I already have takers on the meal (Bryan and Sandra!). Let me know what you think: (Each is a course with a selected drink pairing)
  • Cucumber, melon and prosciutto carpachio with lemon oil and pine nuts (berry sparkling water)
  • Cream of white asparagus soup with roasted asparagus heads and violets
  • Lemon and sea salt grilled herb pizza
  • Sweat potato crisps with blue cheese dressing and 'mircobrewed' root beer shot
  • Mulled apple cider with nutmeg spiced caramel spoon and cinamon stick incense
  • Macaroni and cheese round cakes, lightly fried and served with chorizo sausage and fried chicken skin

  • (Surf) Pan seared sea scallops over fried rice noodle cake with basil pesto (Sparkling apple juice)
  • Lightly roasted haricot verts with clover butter over sea salt
  • (Turf) Braised beef short rib with roasted vegetable ragout and wine sauce over blue cheese polenta with applewood smoke charcoal
  • Aged stilton cheese, walnuts, anise cracker and pomegranate caviar spoon (lemon Italian soda)
  • Cardamom and Meyer lemon creme brulee bubbles
  • Deconstructed German Black Forest cake with sour cherries and fresh whipped cream (coconut milk)

Yes, I'm trying to push the envelope a little here. But hey, that is what food is all about. Moving the edges of taste and art design at the same time. Some I'm looking at bold flavor combinations, small portions that highlight the experience with interesting presentation that speaks to the concept. Bon apetit.

HRP

3 comments:

Adi said...

So what consists of a deconstructed black forest cake. And all of it sounds fairly good (of what I understood) but that picture kind of looks like a ball of hair on food. Sorry I couldn't help myself :)

Funny I do a lot of the smae stuff with desserts :)

HRP said...

Deconstructed black forest cake is cake built on the plate in a spread out fashion - more distinct and separate in it's structure. So you can discern, mix/match and taste the flavorful elements. Rich cocoa in a fluffy cake, silky sour cherry mix and the tang and bubbly/smooth of the whipped cream.
What part did you not follow- I'd love to expand?
And the hair is spun sugar.

Flying Cloud said...

And he is off and running. I would love to try any one of your meal ideas. It is always amazing to see a mind go off like yours. Some of the items sound a little ways out there, but I'm always game. You'll need to maybe share some of those ideas. When we get settled I will want them. Do you know how unimaginative the food is over here?