

One of my major passions is cooking. I am the ultimate home cook (wannabe). Distilled down - I love the mix of art and science. Figuring out why ingredients work, and then putting them together so that the flavors and the colors mix just right. Unfortunately my budget doesn't support my vision. (Isn't that true of a lot of things in life) But I keep up. I subscribe to Cooks Illustrated - a fantastic magazine where the recipes are tried with lots of variations to find out what works best - and why. Plus my Bible is literally the Cook's Bible published by the America's Test Kitchen.
Although I am limited in the kitchen to just my creativity and lowly Shoprite budget, I do dream. This includes designing menus on occasion (usually a long plane ride) in my notebook. I add artwork and dream of shopping Wegman's for the best food. So these concoctions may show up from time to time, like this one. I call it mixed emotions, because there is a balanced polarity here: Spicy/Cool, Smooth/Textured, Salty/Hot, Crisp/Smooth, Bitter/Sweet, Hot/Cold.
- Lime-cilantro-chipotle Shrimp Cocktail with small bed of couscous and salsa served in a martini glass
- Boule of hot sourdough bread (I can just taste it now!)
- Grilled Swordfish with herbed/wasabi butter, smashed potatoes and grilled summer vegetables
- Raspberry Gratin with sweat cream and a bitter chocolate cookie
Makes me hungry just writing it! I'll add some more on occasion - make sure you don't drool on the keyboard!
HRP #8-)
1 comment:
NOT cool, dude! I had chicken nuggets for supper! On another note, Amanda and I gotta come over again soon! hehehe.... you def. got a flair for food. Compliments to the wanna-be (jk) see ya!
Post a Comment