Well, it’s back to reality now. After a thoroughly enjoyable detour from reality and onto a small island in the St. Lawrence, we are back. I already miss the sound of waves on the rocky bank, or a motor-boat speeding by. The warm sun on your face as you dip your feet in the cool water. From the shrimp on the grill to treating the deck – I enjoyed it all. A little bit of old-fashioned labor, playing with the girls (Abby stood all by herself!), water skiing and site seeing does the heart good. I don’t know if I’ll survive the year!I took a chance to escape and explore the Island formally known as Leek Island – and now named the original name Thwartway Island. The couple acre island is just south of Hay Island where we are, and covered in a thick forest. It used to have several wonderful cottages – the crumbling remnants of which I found on my adventure – since abandoned because the Canadian government stole it back from the American owners. I loved the adventure – seeing deer, a turkey vulture, crashing through brush, over rocks, taking photos, etc. (PS – I didn’t see any leeks on the island, could have made some good soup)
But now I crash back into the real world. We arrived home last night, and attended to the girls, the unpacking and our forlorn kitty Tutter. Who, after I pet and loved him, bit me with his sharp fangs! It broke the skin, drew blood and required a Dr’s visit (which leaves me with a sore-arm from the Tetnus shot and a prescription to fill). What we are going to do with him – I don’t know. I just hope we don’t have to…
And then it was back to work. Apparently my away message didn’t function right, so I waded through vast amounts of emails and voicemails – some of which were increasingly irate repeats. Oh well…your crisis regarding a need for a “special” KYNAR quill that really is in our catalog is not the end of the world!
But despite my return for a trip to sanity, I’m glad it’s my life I can return to. Cause I generally like it. Except for the inane calls at work (just look in the manual stupid)!
HRP
PS- I wish my kitty looked like the photo-or that is what bit me! But you get the idea about the fangs. ;)
1 comment:
Hey Harland,
I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your little adventure! I hope that all goes well with your fluffy little friend! Sorry to hear about the shot! (Did you at least get a Lolly?)
Post a Comment