Golfin' in the rain


It was a most interesting golf outting. Following record rains over the weekend, we braved the elements and the floods to play a round of golf.
Playing is a subjective term, some (like myself) tending to croquet the golf ball around the course. I guess I wasn't too bad, I was shooting 75...
after the 2nd hole!
Just kidding. I had a decently mediocre game for me - considering it is my 3rd outing. Some holes were great - only 1 or 2 over par. Some were horrific...I lost count after 9. It was really bad cause it'd take me 4 strokes to make the fairway, and then I'd finish up in 4 (on a par 5). Dang that drive!
But although the rain held back for the most part, we did trudge through wet fields. And the greens were covered in a dusting of water, that left contrails behind the putts. At least that gave us a clue as to wear to aim!
Well we finished up and I managed to survive (even ending on a bogey for a par 3!) I guess I need more practice. Tiger Woods 2005 for PS2 - here I come!
HRP

7 comments:

Adi said...

Well i'm not quite sure who decided that golfing would still be ok just after terrential rainfall, but glad you had a good time. Don't worry I stink too. I think the first time I played I kept thinking to myself-it's not field hockey so stop playing like it is. Yet, I have gone to two golfing ranges and I think I maxed out just over 100 yds.. Impressive I know. Oh and on a sidenote-were you guys ever gonna tell me that Abbers said her first word like weeks ago? hello, their favorite and most important aunt needs to know these things.

HRP said...

Well...
The golf wasn't in torrential rain, it only misted for a little while. At the last hole it picked up some.
Secondly, Abby's 1st word is the only word. EVERYTHING is cat. Ca-aa--t this and cat that. But she still does uh-oh and hi and daadd - e. Very cute. Look, you are on your way home soon...not too long

Anonymous said...

And when will you take those beautiful girls ALL DAY so Amy can enjoy a day of golf in the rain, or scrapbooking at her favorite in-laws (same thing...right?) Go ahead... tell me you did it for work. Well Amy needs to down time at work too!!!!

HRP said...

Well...considering that golf isn't really my favorite recreation, I can honestly say it was for work. The 5 hr drive up, golfing and dinner at a 4 star restaurant...all par for the course (pardon my pun). It's the necessary evil of doing business these days. I think I'd rather play with the girls all day.
And although I can't stay home from work and give Amy a day...I do work at giving her evenings now and then. Course...we haven't had an evening together in a long while...
:(
Oh well...but the two day trips I do for work ain't too bad.

my rebel took over said...

Nikki, have I told you I love you lately?!

Anonymous said...

Excuses Excuses. OK Harland... the next silly (bankers) holiday you have off. Tell Amy the day is hers. To do ask she pleases WITH OUT YOU AND THE GIRLS! And as far as the two of you going out together alone. We all know those will always be few and far between, but Jeff and I will take your girls any night so you can go out. I would love for them to come play here with Madison!

HRP said...

Excuses!!
I don't get 'silly' bankers holidays off. I think I liked the "Desperate Housewives" last night. I want to take care of the girls and let Amy go back to work. I can teach them the important things in life...like firing potato cannons and playing PS2.
Oh and we'll make homemade pizza!