It's Unveiled!


So this is the present I've been working on. I tried to really do it right - follow advice I found online and make it look well. It came out MUCH better than I though it would. I was surprised at the detail. It's difficult to gauge how to paint in this manner - to let the over-carving of the sculpture and drybrushing work for you. But it allows for good detail - like in the pants or the shirts. At this size everything needs to be exaggerated to be appreciated at real sizes.

About the gift. Belinda loves Lord of The Rings - and Sam is her fav character. This prompted the choice in models. The kit from Games Workshop - LOTR edition - came as the Frodo, Sam and Gollum set. I then added the ruins kit, which allowed a nice touch for the walls and statue. The rest is from scratch - using foam board, glue, rocks, sand, fake moss, etc.
With the help of Reed I made the base. It's a nice presentation touch I believe.
Gollum - I liked doing this the best. The undercoat of red (a little exaggerated upclose) made a nice touch to get raw looking skin.
Over all I think I did well - and Belinda liked it. I think I'll keep this hobby up. It's fun, has a concrete creation and can be rewarding. I'll just produce and when I need to drop one I can sell it on E-Bay or something. Maybe an income generator.
HRP

1 comment:

Adi said...

That looks awesome. You did a great job. Don't kill me, but for a split second I couldn't believe you actually did that it looks very professional. Congrats on a job well done.