I can't believe I'm killing my cactus at work! It's horrible. You see, I got the cactus because it would add some flaura to the space and make it a little bit more inviting. And I got the cactus because they don't need much water and can survive. But no...I find a way to destroy it too. I don't know if it's because I watered too much, or too little. The soil is dry...so I water it, but then maybe I drown it and it starts to rot. I don't know!
I guess I should throw it out, but that would admit defeat and the fact that I am adept at killing poor, innocent, living things. At least my daughters don't need watering and soil - otherwise they might wither, dry out and fall over. How do I even manage to keep myself healthy?
My wife feels somewhat similarly frustrated about living things. We don't have a good track record with house plants. We have the longest living specimen right now on our front porch. And it's a shame because we could use some indoors. Why did they trust us with kids? This should have been a major question in the hospital. "What's the longest you can keep a plant alive for?" "That short...hmmm, I'm sorry but we can't let you take your baby home. You know...we don't want them wilting." (Gives an entirely new insight to cabbage patch dolls)
Oh well...I guess one day I'll get it down. Though it makes me think twice about the garden I want to plant.
Hydroponics?
HRP
8 comments:
There definately is a real nack to taking care of plants. I feel the same frustation. I like the plants that tell you when to water them. Like hydrangea, mums, or impatients. They look sad, you water them, and can almost watch them pop back up to like. Although a bit more pricy, artifical is the way to go indoors. In the long run it prob is cheaper and less hassle. With those two demanding Twins, you are brave to even think about another thing that needs attention.
I understand the artificial thing - but I want them indoors for the fresh oxygen. It's like that feeling you get when you walk into a greenhouse in the middle of the winter. Amy & I used to visit greenhouses just for that pick-me-up. It's the smell of life.
Have you looked into plant-scented aerasol sprays? Think about it... you just need to work one spray a day into your ritul and you get the smell of plants! If you forget to spray, the only one who suffers is you. If you cannot tell, I too do not own any plants...
Who are you calling a plant killer?! Speak for yourself! Most of our plants died either because Tutter eats them (that's the real reason for artificial plants indoors!), or because the family room got so crammed with stuff before we moved into our house that we couldn't get to them to water! I have a Bamboo plant that's almost 5 years old! (Ok, so it's still at Mom's. Never did seem to make the move.) But it's alive!
So there!
Ha!
I'd like to point out the three pots in the backyard that have shriveled vestiges of a living thing...sure blame the excessively hot summer...but they didn't survive either.
PTHHHHHPPPPP!
(That's a raspberry)
HEY! Those died while we were in Canada, THANK YOU VERY MUCH! Blame the neighbor for that one!
uhhh guys. I don't know if you noticed but you are fighting OVER THE INTERNET. Have you not spoken in a while. My word way to put on a show for the 10 other people who read this. I think I have the number for a really good marriage counselor in Bridgewater let me know if you want in-in fact I'll have him call you denial is always a tough barrier to overcome.
man i'm clever.
Post a Comment