I'm kind of in a surreal mood tonight. Not quite feeling anything, just sort of floating above tangible experience. Some of it is probably just partial exhaustion from a busy week at work and all the Saturday work I did today. (I do feel much more handy though - and thrifty. Edwin - my neighbor who deserves a post - helped me work on the Jetta, changing oil, spark plugs, etc. So I feel much more 'manly' hua-hua-hua-hua?) I suppose the feeling is also a immune reaction to the pressing problems that cause stress. Like when you go on vacation and can escape reality for a week. Like applying novacaine to your problems - in a none substance abuse sort of way.Maybe it's because BYU lost their football game (if you think they actually really showed up for it). Whatever the reason surreality is here, a fog that snakes in and begins filling and obscuring. But just like a fog, lines of sunlight burn through it to warm the soul. Maybe that's really just the tenticles of reality and my problems searching out for me. I don't really mind though. Because like when you come out of numbness you can feel the pain - but also the pleasure. So, if I must face the stressful stuff in life, at least I can do it enjoying the things I love. I can chase my daughter Abby around on all fours and love her little squeels, screams and giggles. Or hold Grace on my hip, as she cuddles with me and nuzzles into my chest. Or just lay by my wife with my hand on her leg (oh my!) and kiss her good night. Like bringing color to a black & white world.
2 comments:
hey hey hey cut byu a break. granted it wasn't the best game, but let's not give them a worse rep that what they might already have.
Well I usually am pretty lenient to them. But considering they decided to only give 50% the entire game, I'll give them 50% the support. Plus there were some pretty lousy coaching calls. And the fans were lousy - esp in the south end.
:)
Post a Comment